Rabu, 13 Mei 2015

SUGGEST and OFFER | Bahasa Inggris



suggest and Offer

Suggest mean topresent a suggestion that is to introduce or propose an idea or a plan for consideration. (Sarankan berarti topresent saran yang memperkenalkan atau mengusulkan ide atau rencana untuk dipertimbangkan ).

Suggest  means to propose a plan. It can be accepted or refused. (Menyarankan cara untuk mengusulkan rencana. Hal ini dapat diterima atau ditolak).
Suggestions are abstract and can be in form of solution, advice, plan, and idea. (Saran yang abstrak dan bisa dalam bentuk solusi , saran , rencana , dan ide).

For Example :
-         Let’s finish our homework first.
-         Let’s go home.
Expessions/Gambits
When making suggestions we often use the following expressions :
            Let’s ...
            Why don’t we ...
            We could ...
            What about ...
            How about ...
            I suggest that ...
            You might want to change ...
            I think ...
            I don’t think ...


Examples :
-         Let’s go to the library.
-         Let’s go to movies.
-         Why don’t you do homework before going out?
-         We could eat at home today.
-         What about eating at the new place?
-         How about going to Sam’s place first?
-         I suggest that we call it day.
-         You need to change your sleeping habits.
-         Ithink you should go and meet her.
-         I think we should do it this way.

Responding to Suggestions
Making Suggestions
Accepting Suggestions
Declining Suggestions
Let, go to movies.
Yes, let’s go
No, thank you. I do not feel like going.
Why don’t  you do your homework before going out?
Ok, I will
Sorry, I think I will go out first and then do my homework.
How about going to Sam’s place first and then to the supermarket?
Yes, let’s go. It is a good idea.
No, let’s just go to the supermarket.
Ithink you should go and meet her.
Ok, if you say so.
Sorry, I can’t. I have previous engagement.
Let’s call it a day.
Let’s.
No, let’s stay for a while.

Let’s take a look at sentence structure to suggest something.




I
Suggest
That
He clean his room.
We
recommend
That
Sheread “ the hungergames”
I
Propose
That
Are report should be setshe read in.
I
Put forwad
That
We work together on this.
We
Advice
That
He work hard.
I
Advocate
That
We support them in every  way possible.


Offer means to give something physical or abstract to someone, which can be taken as a gift or a trade. (Penawaran berarti untuk memberikan sesuatu fisik atau abstrak untuk seseorang , yang dapat diambil sebagai hadiah atau perdagangan ).
 
Offer means to give help. It can be taken or refused. (Penawaran berarti untuk memberikan bantuan . Hal ini dapat diambil atau ditolak) .

Offer can be in terms of food, money, solutions, friendship or a bargain. (Penawaran dapat dalam hal makanan , uang , solusi , persahabatan atau murah.).

For Example :
-         Shall I take you home?
-         Do you want to help with your homework?

Expressions/Gambits
When making offers we often use the following expressins :
-         May I ...
-         Can I ...
-         Shall I ...
-         Would you ...
-         How about I ...

Exaples :
-         May I give you a hand?
-         Can I help you?
-         Shall I bring you some tea?
-         Would you like another piece of cake?
-         How about I he;p you with this?
-         Can I clean the car for you?
-         Shall I help you with your homework?
-         I will do the washing, if you like.

Responding to Offers
Making Offers
Accepting Suggestions
Declining Suggestions
Can I help you?
Yes, please.
I really appreciate it.
It’s okay, I can do it myself.
Shall I bring you someta?
Thank you, its very kind of you.
No, thank you.
Would you like another helping of cake?
Yes, please, that be lovely.
No, thanks. I don’t want another helping.
How about I help you with this?
Yes, please, that would be very kind of you.
Don’t worry, I will it myself.
Can I take you home?
Thank you, I appreciate yournhelp.
That’s allright, I will manage on my own.
Let’s take a look at sentence structure to offer something.
Modal Verb
Subject
Object
Would
you
care for another cip of tea?
Shall
We
take you there
Could
I
offer you something?
Will
You
have tea with that?


11 komentar: